The YWCA recently trained 8 new facilitators for the YWCA Encore program. Four of the trainees are from the regional areas of Geraldton and Bunbury, where we hope to reinvigorate the Encore program after a short break in the areas. We are also fortunate to have 4 new metropolitan facilitators who are keen to help promote and sustain the Encore program within Perth and surrounding suburbs.
The training was conducted by the National YWCA Encore Coordinator and Trainer Kate Guthrey, who ensured the group received prescriptive instruction in the delivery of the program, and information regarding all of the issues that an Encore facilitator is faced with.
We would like to thank the following guest speakers who gave up their time to share invaluable information and expertise with our Encore team :
- Madeleine Stockden – Lymphoedema Physiotherapist
- Seng Sengsourinho- Cancer Council Life now project officer
- Helena Green- Sexuality and intimacy Counselling
- Doctor Favil Singh- Exercise Physiologist specializing in cancer patients
- Wen Chan Yeow- Breast and General Surgeon
- Cathie Smith- Breast Cancer Care WA
- Cathy Bertram BreastCareWA